2/25/13 9:00 AM
Tim Kaiser enters his second season in Major League Lacrosse and his first with the Ohio Machine. Kaiser was selected by the Chesapeake Bayhawks with their 85th Overall Pick in the 2012 MLL Supplemental Draft, Kaiser played in three games for the Bayhawks and scooped up four groundballs during the 2012 season.
Prior to joining MLL, Kaiser was a four-year starter as a defenseman at the University of North Carolina. While attending UNC, Kaiser collected 174 ground balls and 62 caused turnovers in 57 games. He was a two-time USILA All-American and First Team All-ACC selection, as well as being awarded the Turnbull Trophy as the team's most outstanding player.
1. What made you choose lacrosse over all the other sports out there?
I have played lacrosse my entire life since I was old enough to play a team sport and have always loved the fast pace of the game. It just became natural for me and I enjoyed the teams I was on growing up and into high school – it was an easy decision.
2. When you were little, did you expect to play at the MLL level?
I always wanted to play at the highest level I could so the MLL was definitely a goal of mine.
3. What is some advice you would give to those youth players hoping to make it to MLL status one day?
The best advice I give to youth players is to not stop playing just because the spring season is over. Play with friends in the summer, club teams, indoor – anything to keep you playing and developing your skills.
4. Who has been your favorite person to work with up to this point in your lacrosse career?
5. Who is your lacrosse role model?
Michael Phipps – Assistant Coach for the Highpoint Panthers
6. What is one thing that you try to improve on with your playing style?
I always am looking to improve my defense because that is the key to a successful team.
7. What are you looking forward to the most in the 2013 season?
I am looking forward to joining a new organization and helping them succeed during this upcoming season.
8. How do you usually spend your offseason?
I usually am working, but I enjoy going to The Super Bowl Champion Ravens football games and traveling in my free time.
9. Do you have any game day superstitions?
Not anymore, but I used to wear the same socks, spandex and undershirt for every game and would have to get dressed in the same order every time, but have since outgrown it.
10. What is your typical pregame meal?
I usually eat chicken and pasta before a night game.
11. How do you prepare for an upcoming game?
I prepare by studying my opponents, knowing the matchups and knowing the tendencies of the opposing team.
12. How do you categorize a season as successful?
A successful season is one where you are the last team with a win.
13. What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
“Don’t be an idiot”
14. What are three words that would describe who you are?
Competitive, Confident, and Hilarious
Additional Random Facts:
Favorite sport outside of lacrosse: Basketball
Favorite part about lacrosse: Transition
Favorite type of food: Hot dogs
Favorite restaurant: Tough call, right now, probably Porters in Federal Hiil l- I’m there once a week
Favorite place in the world you’ve been to: Japan
Favorite place you would like to visit but haven’t: Germany or space
Favorite lacrosse moment/experience: Traveling to Japan to play in college
Most influential person in your life: My Dad
Top 3 favorite movies: Star Wars Episode 3, Dark Knight Rises, Happy Gilmore
Top 3 favorite bands/artists: The Killers are #1 and then anything on BPM
One thing you want to do but never done before: See the Os win a World Series
Additional Get to Know the Machine: 2013 Supplemental Draft Picks