The Ohio Machine is proud to announce that the organization is in the process of collaborating with the Buckeye Youth Lacrosse League to form the newly organized Central Ohio Youth Lacrosse League or COYLL. The Ohio Machine will be dedicated to helping foster a certain level of quality in all phases of community recreational lacrosse programming under the COYLL operations. The Ohio Machine sees this as a great opportunity to give back to the most crucial age group in determining future quality of play. The Buckeye Youth Lacrosse Association has done a fantastic job of establishing schedules, rules and general friendly competitions. By combining the efforts of both entities to form COYLL we hope that all communities prosper from their efforts.
COYLL Guiding Principles
1) Every kid in every community who wants to play - plays. Through the leagues connections, contacts , resources we will always do our best to assure that any and all kids who want to play the greatest game given to us will be given the opportunity.
2) Preservation of community teams. In our “Recreational” programming we will ensure that COYLL always supports and preserves the spirit of each community organization. Players will be expected to compete with in their community programming unless their community doesn’t offer lacrosse at the rec level.
3) Placement of players and growth of the programs. If there are several players interested from a community that doesn’t sponsor rec lacrosse then COYLL will help place the players on a team until COYLL can in fact help foster enough interest to start a team in that community.
4) Rules and Regulations or by laws. COYLL will offer a set of bylaws and process to reexamine the bylaws in order for the different organization with in Central Ohio to operate under the rules and regulations in order to secure fair play.
5) Competitive level offerings. COYLL will help implement different level of competitive play.
6) Provide education programs. Training and Observation programs will be developed and implemented for youth coaches and youth officials through COYLL. It is the goal of the league to provide tools and opportunities for any one at any level in the league to have opportunities for personal and program growth with in the game of lacrosse.
7) Collective purchasing agreements. COYLL will negotiate with multiple brands and suppliers to provide official sponsors. This allows teams to enjoy discounted rates because of their affiliation with the league.