COYLL Guiding Principles
1) Every kid in every community who wants to play - plays. Through the leagues connections, contacts , resources we will always do our best to assure that any and all kids who want to play the greatest game given to us will be given the opportunity.
2) Preservation of community teams. In our "Recreational" programming we will ensure that COYLL always supports and preserves the spirit of each community organization. Players will be expected to compete with in their community programming unless their community doesn't offer lacrosse at the rec level.
3) Placement of players and growth of the programs. If there are several players interested from a community that doesn't sponsor rec lacrosse then COYLL will help place the players on a team until COYLL can in fact help foster enough interest to start a team in that community.
4) Age & skill level offerings. COYLL will help implement different levels of play. Currently COYLL offers Juniors (3rd & 4th Grades), Seniors (5th & 6th Grades) and select levels.
5) COYLL offers a set of guidelines for each community to follow for league play to increase consistency of recreational lacrosse in Central Ohio. These guidelines change according to the grade level (Junior/Senior).
6) Provide education programs. Training and Observation programs will be developed and implemented for youth coaches and youth officials through COYLL. It is the goal of the league to provide tools and opportunities for any one at any level in the league to have opportunities for personal and program growth with in the game of lacrosse.
7) Collective purchasing agreements. COYLL will negotiate with multiple brands and suppliers to provide official sponsors. This allows teams to enjoy discounted rates because of their affiliation with the league.